This programme will help students to further hone their language skills in terms of reading and writing, especially in employing sophistication and precision in their writing.
Content and Language Mastery
Students will improve their grammar knowledge and skills by practising grammar drills, editing and sentence reconstruction exercises. They will also learn how to review and edit their work for grammatical accuracy and clarity of meaning.
Through our comprehension, summary and critical thinking passages, our programme covers a wide range of general knowledge topics and current affairs to help students develop a global perspective and build their content knowledge for use in their essays. These topics include:
• politics and economics
• sport and entertainment
• global issues and social trends
Skills and Techniques
Students will continue to build on essential reading and writing skills through our weekly lessons. These include:
• training literary analysis and critical reading skills by analysing unseen poetry and prose for literary and stylistic devices
• honing summary skills by learning to interpret and rearrange information so that the response meets question requirements
• improving comprehension skills by applying active reading strategies to analyse diction and authorial intent
• building writing skills to include descriptive language and construct cogent responses that meet question requirements
Students are also trained in their time management skills through practice tests in simulated exam conditions.
The Secondary 2 Mathematics programme aims to equip your child with the skillset, knowledge and attitude needed to meet the challenges of upper secondary mathematics.
• Students will be introduced to more complex algebraic concepts, such as cross factorisation.
• Students will learn about the properties of similar and congruent figures and how congruency and similarity can be applied in real-world contexts.
• Students will discover how the sides of a right-angled triangle are connected by the trigonometric ratios. They will also be taught how to incorporate algebra in trigonometry to find unknown sides and angles of a right-angled triangle.
• Students will familiarise themselves with the formulae for the volume and surface area of a sphere, a cone, and a pyramid.
• Students will be taught through experiential activities to help them remember the formulae and full derivations of the formulae.
• Students will be exposed to statistical diagrams, such as dot diagrams, stem-and-leaf diagrams, and cumulative frequency curves.
• Students will investigate and discover how the concept of probability can be used in everyday events, including weather forecast and the performance of stocks in the stock market.
Skills and Techniques
• Students will learn to plot, draw and interpret line graphs and parabolic graphs.
• Students will learn to analyse and interpret the different forms of statistical diagrams using mean, mode, and median.
• Students will also learn to analyse problems and explore alternative ways of solving them, developing their metacognitive skills.
Secondary 2 Science curriculum builds on your child’s knowledge in order to help them manage questions that require higher order thinking skills.
• Students learn more in-depth scientific concepts based on topics from Biology such as Human Reproduction.
• Students learn more in-depth scientific concepts based on topics from Chemistry such as Acids and Bases.
• Students learn more in-depth scientific concepts based on topics from Physics such as Current of Electricity.
Skills and Techniques
• Students will learn about answering techniques involving data analysis, experiment-based questions and application questions.
• Students will be given data, presented in tables, to plot on a graph.
• Students will be given data, presented on graphs, to analyse and explain.
• Students will learn how to explain the relationship(s) for concepts such as solubility of a compounds or the effects of enzyme(s) at different pH levels in terms of the rate of reaction.
• Students will be exposed to questions from interrelated topics to gain competency in integrating scientific concepts.
We regularly conduct fun and enriching holiday programs for students of all ages. Find out more!
Click to find out more about the workshops available.