The Five Key Principles of The Learning Lab’s Curriculum Design
1. All our curriculum is designed to enhance and enrich your child’s learning experiences.
2. All our curriculum focuses on the development of the ‘whole person’ — your child’s knowledge, skills and dispositions.
3. To prepare your child not only for exams, but also for life, we carefully balance a focus on exams with a focus on learning skills, nurturing dispositions and developing knowledge that extend beyond the classroom and are life-long assets for your child.
4. To meet the demands of a continually evolving world, our curriculum is current and informed by the latest trends and findings in education, educational psychology and neuroscience research.
5. Our curriculum is continually updated with input from our teachers so that your child’s learning needs are met at every stage of his or her academic development.
Enriching Your Child’s Learning Experience
Our curriculum has been thoughtfully designed with your child in mind — we place a priority on creating engaging and exciting learning experiences through our lesson materials. Our curriculum offers intellectually stimulating lesson materials that motivate and engage your child. These materials provide rich resources for teaching and learning so our teachers are able to help each student at The Learning Lab to achieve academic success.
Developing the ‘Whole Person’ — A Holistic Education
Our curriculum focuses on facilitating and developing three facets of student learning outcomes: knowledge, skills and dispositions.
We refer to this as TLL’s K,S,D teaching and learning model.
Key Features of our K, S, D Model
While knowledge acquisition and development have always taken centre stage in education, recent educational research has shown that there is a strong need to focus on helping students develop the right set of skills, and nurture positive learning dispositions to help them become more successful learners. Our curriculum is designed to help teachers facilitate the development and nurturing of these learning characteristics.
All these elements work together to help your child maximise his or her confidence in any task he or she takes on.